Who controls the treatment room you or the client? That is the question Lynn and Ramona discuss on this episode of Spapreneur Podcast.
From everything from the temperature to music, the client has a lot of say in their spa appointment. But do you have the skills, language, and backbone required when faced with a situation that requires you to say no to a client? That is why we’re going to talk about who controls the treatment room – you or the client.
Some things like music choice should not be argued over, just let the customer win. Other things like draping, the amount of deep tissue work, and anything that is dangerous also shouldn’t be argued about – have your policies and enforce them.
Practices to use:
- Have a script you practice about tricky situations
- Know your non-negotiable policies and never go against them
- Remember the client is never right, but their expectations matter
- Once you set an expectation with a client, they will expect it every time
In this episode, Ramona and Lynn talk about:
- Why the Customer is NEVER right
- Why the Client Expectations are important
- How to prevent Clients from draining you
- How to set limits with clients
- How to take emotions out of business decisions
- Front Desk is the first line of defense between the Client and Practioner
- The right questions your front desk needs to ask new customers to get them the right treatment
- Why Referrals within a Spa is a Good thing
- When you can’t help the client
- Don’t be afraid to find a therapist that can help your client
- Why you need professional headshots
- Strange client requests
- The one time a customer tried to explain he wasn’t racist when he only asked for a white therapist
- Potential naughty boys situations and the signs they show
- The little things that annoy you when clients ask and how to handle them
- What kind of relationship you have with your clients
- Persnickety clients are way more headache than they are worth – how to deal with them with humor
Join Our Community
Our Free Facebook Community is instant access to Lynn and Ramona plus an awesome community of Spapreneurs looking to grow their spa businesses!